Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall-ing upon us

I love the fall. I really, really love the fall. Julie and I have cooked hotdogs and roasted marshmallows over a fire in the back yard two nights in a row. I could do this every night, I think.
We're going camping with some folks up at Crowder's Mountain next weekend. What a great spot. You hike just about a mile in, and there are some sites off the hiking trail. There is a fire pit, a picnic table, and two tent pads per site. But no electricity or cars or anything. So it's got a semi-wild feel, but more casual. Central NC isn't exactly mountainous, there are just these two isolated mountains 30 minutes from Charlotte. And from what I hear, the leaves should be just about perfect when we go.
My folks got me some Columbia hiking boots for my birthday, (thanks ma and pa!) so I'm very excited about those. I don't think I've ever hiked in legit shoes before.
What else, what else...
I'm chest-deep in Christmas preparations. Children's Choir began three weeks ago, and adult choir begins tomorrow night. I've got fantastic help this year, though. Kristin Macurda and Ashley Abbott are wrangling the kids, I couldn't be more thankful. That's two brilliant minds and excellent musicians.
Last year, we used Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella, but I got ragged for the year following, so that one probably won't make the cut this year. However, I'm tempted to include Good King Wenceslas, just out of spite. What a weird text. But I thought Bring a Torch was a standard.
Julie was a huge help tonight, suggesting songs. I've got a lot of work to do, but I couldn't have asked for a better mate.
Well, I'm testing out blogging by email, so I'm going cut this off. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment